The State Treasury develops and provides internal services for central government. It helps central government agencies and public bodies to achieve savings in their operating expenses and to boost productivity growth by offering and developing smooth and efficient internal services and by participating actively in the development of these services and processes. The State Treasury develops services and processes in cooperation with the Finnish Government Shared Services Centre for Finance and HR, the Ministry of Finance and the government agencies. The central government internal services managed by the State Treasury are:
- government financing activities;
- the government’s central bookkeeping, accounting and payment transactions;
- provision and reporting of government-level financial and HR information;
- government-level financial and HR administration processes and information systems;
- insurance coverage for the statutory accident insurance of government agencies and public bodies, and the related employer services;
- support for activities designed to maintain the working capacity of central government employees;
- services supporting the mobility and relocation of central government employees.
Another significant operating area of the State Treasury is the provision of services for private citizens and businesses. These services include:
- compensation for military injuries;
- criminal damages and compensation for wrongful imprisonment, compensation for certain special groups, and other compensation;
- information services for citizens (Suomi.fi and Netra);
- decisions on exemption from payment;
- inheritance by the State.
The State Treasury has offices in three locations. In addition to Helsinki, the State Treasury has offices in Kouvola and Lappeenranta. It employs approximately 330 people.
For more information about the State Treasury, go to State Treasury
Tel. +358 2955 30207