Prime Minister Marin`s Government Programme included the following objective: Finland will be recognised as a front runner that develops and introduces new solutions enabled by digitalisation and technological advances, doing so across administrative and sectoral boundaries. The aim was to increase the technological and digitalisation capabilities of the public sector and to promote cooperation between the public and private sectors.
The Programme for the Promotion of Digitalisation (‘digitalisation programme’) was put together to implement the objective stated in the Government Programme. The digitalisation programme supported and encouraged public authorities to make their services available digitally to citizens and businesses by 2023. The Ministry of Finance established the Programme for the Promotion of Digitalisation on 25 February 2020 and programme ended on 31 March 2023.
Goals to be achieved during the digitalisation programme period were:
- High-quality digital public services will be available to citizens and businesses in accordance with, as a minimum, the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
- The use of in-person and paper-based services by business operators will have reduced significantly, and a number of digital-only business services will be available.
- Digital user support services will be available throughout the country, observing the needs of business operators.
The closing event of the digitalisation programme was held on 22 March 2023 as a hybrid event at the Musiikkitalo.
- Link to the recording of the event (in finnish)
Final report of the digital programme to be published later this spring.
Results of the Programme for Promoting Digitalisation
All results of the digitalisation programme
Results of sub-implementations of the programme itemised
- Overview of the digitalisation programme
- Expert support
- Digital Compass system model
- Operating model for digital support: Developing and coordinating digital support
- Digitalisation survey of municipaties
- Working group of the Programme for the Promoting of legislation
- Network for promoters of digitalisation
- Digitalisation programme: The YritysDigi project
- YritysDigi: Good examples
- Suomi.fi Quality Tools
- Development of business services in Suomi.fi Message and e-Authorizations