Skills and competence development programme
As part of the AuroraAI project, a skills and competence development programme will be implemented to support stakeholders and organisations in deploying the AuroraAI operating model and network and to promote the acquisition of the skills and capabilities required by them.
The main target groups of the skills and competence development programme during the programme period will be
- developers and procurers of public sector services,
- management of public sector organisations, and
- stakeholders and organisations in all sectors that connect their services to the AuroraAI network.
The outputs of the skills and competence development programme will, as a rule, be accessible and usable to everyone, including citizens.
AI and human centricity as key themes
The learning contents of the skills and competence development programme will be implemented at two levels, basic and advanced.
The key themes will be artificial intelligence, different perspectives related to its application and utilisation, as well as human-centricity and perspectives related to its realisation.
Basic level learning content
The aim of the basic level learning content will be promoting an understanding of the AuroraAI programme’s central themes in layman’s terms. This content has been implemented as free and openly accessible digital training.
Published training packages:
1. What is AuroraAI?
- Mikä on AuroraAI? (in Finnish)
- Människan, artificiell intelligens och samhället – Vad är AuroraAI? (in Swedish)
- Humans, Artificial Intelligence and Society – What Is AuroraAI? (in English)
2. Series of AI webinars
- What is artificial intelligence all about? (in Finnish only)
- How does artificial intelligence work? (in Finnish only)
- Artificial intelligence and society (in Finnish only)
3. Perspectives on human centricity (in Finnish only)
More basic level training packages will be published in spring 2021.
Advanced level learning content
Advanced level learning content for the skills and competence development programme will be produced from autumn 2021 on. It will be conceptualised in spring 2021.
The goal is to elaborate on the themes of the basic level learning content and to improve the competence of more limited target groups through concrete, practically oriented implementations.
Skills and competence will be created by learning together
As the public administration is only taking its first steps in AI use and the principle of human-centricity remains unstructured at the practical level, the AuroraAI skills and competence development programme will, above all, be a joint learning journey.
Rather than top down training, this will be a process in which understanding, skills and competence will be created and developed in interaction. Various participatory means will be used to strengthen interaction in the AuroraAI skills and competence development programme.
By registering for the AuroraAI programme’s thematic group on skills, in which everyone is welcome, you will also have an opportunity to participate in the implementation of the skills and competence development programme and monitor its progress.
The thematic group will meet once a month in spring 2021 under the leadership of Mette Vuola, Senior Specialist at the Ministry of Finance. The group will communicate on the #osaaminen channel of Slack, the communication application used by the AuroraAI network.
- Join AuroraAI’s Slack community (in Finnish only)
- To register for the AuroraAI thematic group on skills, send a message to mette.vuola(at)vm.fi.
Mette Vuola, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Finance
mette.vuola(at)vm.fi, tel. +358 295 530643