General collective agreements for government
Terms and conditions of public office and employment
Provisions on the legal status of public officials are laid down in the Public Servants Act (750/1994) and Decree (971/1994) and, with respect to employees, in the Employment Contracts Act (55/2001). The Civil Service Collective Agreements Act (664/1970) lays down provisions on the regulatory framework for terms and conditions of public-service employment. Provisions on the framework for other employment relationships are given in the Collective Agreements Act (436/1946).
In addition, with regard to central government officials, a negotiation procedure has been agreed by a procedural agreement which supplements the legislation on civil service collective agreements. Under the central government’s negotiation and agreement system, the terms and conditions of employment for public officials and employees are provided in central-level and intra-agency collective agreements.
- State Travel Regulations 2021, publication 2020:82 (in Finnish)
- Government Terms and Conditions of Office and Employment 2020–2022, publication 2020:48 (in Finnish)
- Implementation and negotiation specifications for the agreement period 2020–2022, regulation/recommendation 13 May 2020 (in Finnish)
- Procedural agreement on matters relating to collective agreements for public officials in central government, 21 December 1993 (in Finnish)
- Act on Public Officials in Central Government 750/1994 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Decree on Public Officials in Central Government 971/1994 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Act on Collective Agreements for Public Officials in Central Government 664/1970 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Decree on Collective Agreements for Public Officials in Central Government 1203/1987 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Employment Contracts Act 55/2001 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Collective Agreements Act 436/1946 (Finlex) (in Finnish)
- Act on Mediation in Labour Disputes 420/1962 (Finlex) (in Finnish)