The Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland is being prepared by the Ministry of Finance and involves extensive collaboration with other parties. These include ministries, the Regional Councils, other regional entities, business and industry, and the research sector.
- September 2020: The Prime Minister set up an interministerial coordination group, and the Government outlined priorities for the Sustainable Growth Programme during its budget session.
- September–October 2020: Regional round and other consultations to discuss the proposed measures, objectives and timetable.
- 27 November 2020: Submission of government report to Parliament on the Sustainable Growth Programme, concerning the planned use of the Recovery Instrument funds in Finland.
- 15 March 2021: Finland submitted the preliminary version of its Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP), which is part of the Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland, to the European Commission.
- 27 May 2021: Finland submitted the final version of its Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP), which is part of the Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland, to the European Union.
In the EU
- July 2020: The European Council reached agreement on the Next Generation EU recovery package.
- Early October: EU Member States’ finance ministers reached political agreement on the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF).
- February 2021: The RRF Regulation was adopted and entered into force.
- April–May 2021: Member States submitted their national Recovery and Resilience Plans to the EU.
- 2021–2022: The European Commission will assess Member States’ Recovery and Resilience Plans, after which the Council of the EU will adopt the implementing decision.