Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland
The Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland will support growth that is ecologically, socially and economically sustainable in line with the aims of the Government Programme.
The Sustainable Growth Programme will boost competitiveness, investment, research, development and innovation, as well as measures to raise skill levels.
The Sustainable Growth Programme aims to
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- increase productivity
- raise the employment rate
- ensure quicker access to care
- promote regional, social and gender equality.
The Sustainable Growth Programme will focus on four key elements:
- A green transition will support structural adjustment of the economy and underpin a carbon-neutral welfare society
- Digitalisation and a digital economy will strengthen productivity and make services available to all
- Raising the employment rate and skill levels will accelerate sustainable growth
- Access to health and social services will be improved and their cost-effectiveness enhanced.
Funding from the Next Generation EU recovery package
Funding for the Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland will come from the one-off EU recovery package ‘Next Generation EU’ (NGEU). The NGEU is divided into seven instruments, of which the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) is the largest.
Member States must present a national Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP) in order to receive RRF funding. Finland's Recovery and Resilience Plan will form part of the Sustainable Growth Programme for Finland.
Finland’s Recovery and Resilience Plan was published on 26 May 2021.
Sustainable Growth Programme’s reforms and investments to start (press release 26 May 2021)