Task and objectives
We ensure that Finland remains a stable and sustainable society for future generations. We ensure the stability of general government finances and the financial markets and create the foundation for sustainable growth. We work to create good governance and functioning public services.
The Ministry of Finance secures future prospects.
Our strategic goal
We ensure that future generations will have financial freedom of choice in a prosperous state governed by the rule of law. We work to build an economically, ecologically and socially sustainable Finland and European Union.
Our strategic tasks
- We ensure the stability of general government finances and make public administration more efficient, effective and adaptable.
- We build the foundation for sustainable economic growth.
- We work towards a people-oriented digital transformation and the better utilisation of data in society.
- We create rules that maintain confidence in the stability, efficiency and fairness of the financial markets.
Our values are openness, trust and responsibility
How we work
- We take a solution-oriented and cooperative approach to our work.
- We bring together different perspectives and seek sustainable and effective solutions.
- We promote the use of data and decision-making that is based on up-to-date information.
- We use our influence in Finland, the EU and international organisations.
- We value our skilled personnel.
Changes in our operating environment
- Climate change and biodiversity loss
- Technology and the digital transformation
- Regional disparities, urbanisation
- Demographic change
- Change in public speech, participation of citizens
- Data and the data economy
- Impact of geopolitics on the economy
- Transformation of work
- Immigration and migration