Support for the senior management in central government
The support function for the senior management in central government is located in the Public Governance Department of the Ministry of Finance. Its task is to prepare management development policies and to support the management of ministries and agencies in various ways in the development of management systems, practices and managers. The support function also develops a joint management employment system, such as the position and employment relationships of management, their recruitment, mobility and coaching, as well as performance management. Practical tasks also include monitoring management mobility and communication on job vacancies and personal guidance and support for managers.
The forms of operation include:
- Policy outlines, development models and instructions
- Common management development projects and programmes in central government (e.g. Uudistuja)
- Coordination of management development forums and networks (e.g. Johdon päivä events and small groups, Henkilöstöjohdon foorumi and other networks)
- Personal support and consultation for the most senior civil servants as necessary
- Information systems and services (registers)?? related to the management system and its development
- Communication and expert services (incl. electronic Management messages)
The support function is based on close interaction and a customeroriented operating practice in working with the management and personnel units of the ministries and government agencies.
Ari Holopainen Senior Ministerial Adviser, Financial Affairs tel. +358 295 530 520
Markus Siltanen Senior Ministerial Adviser, Financial Affairs tel. +358 295 530 263
Miska Lautiainen Senior Adviser for Legislative Affairs, tel. +358 295 530 212
Serafiina Arponen Assistant, tel. +358 295 530 422
Management development is widely related to the activities of the Public Governance Department. Other senior managers and experts from the department also participate in it.